Vape coils are the little pieces of metal that sit inside an ecig tank or a pod style vaporiser that are made with cotton packed inside. The cotton absorbs the ejuice, while the battery heats the metal coil. This glowing atomiser will then begin to heat up the e liquid that has been absorbed into the cotton. This is the process of vaporising that creates the cigarette replacement effect.
How long do Ecig Atomisers last for?
Ecig atomisers really do vary in how long they last for, which comes down to three major factors:
- Type of Eliquid used - Is it made with Sweeteners - is it thick?
- Frequency of use - Are you chain vaping?
- Power/wattage used - 3.7 volts is the peak efficiency level where there is a balance of cloud, flavour and hit. Go too high and you are straining the lifespan of the coils, and therefore disflavouring the cotton wick
There are other factors involved, but certain e-liquids can kill coils off sooner than others. Thick eliquid in a mouth to lung vape tank will for example lead it to burning out sooner than others.
How do I know if my vape kit coil needs changing?
There is one obvious way that you will know your vape coil needs changing and this is the taste. Your vape juice just won't taste the same as it did before. But that isn't always easy to detect as you can become accustomed to a declining flavour. You will therefore know if the coils in your ecig kit need changing if the following is noted:
- Harder to inhale - tighter draw
- Flavour is muted
- Vapour tastes a bit burnt
- If you have a digital display, the ohm resistance has changed from it's original level
Different vape brands coils last for different periods of time. Expect a starter vape kit coil to last much longer than a sub ohm vape tank would.