How to clean your coils
You’ve got a new flavour, you love it and you’ve been vaping like a steam train. The result? Your coil is burning out quicker than ever. Coils aren’t expensive to replace, however if you are away and in need of a coil ASAP, or if you are just trying to cut down on your spending then it might be a good idea to know how to clean your coils.
Cleaning coils will save you money, and this method can be used on pretty much all coil heads on the market at the moment.
Here’s how to clean your coils to get them tasting a little fresher:
- First off, you’ll need a ceramic bowl, your coil head and grain alcohol. The higher the alcohol content the better it will clean the coil head.
- Place the coil head in the bowl and fully cover with the alcohol.
- Leave the coil head to soak for 12 hours, you will notice that over time the alcohol turns brown as it has pulled out the gunk from the coil.
- Rinse the coil under the hot tap for a couple of minutes then leave in a bowl of water for a few hours, before rinsing off again.
- Wrap your coil in a paper towel and blow through it to remove any excess water from the coil head.
- Leave the coil to dry overnight.
- Reassemble your device, fill her up, let the juice soak in and take a puff.
If you’re looking to save money when you vape then follow these tips on how to clean your coil heads. While this won’t bring them back to brand new it will revive them and give you a little longer before you need to replace them completely.
If cleaning your coils isn't for you, then you can buy coils for your device here.