Should you clean your tank when you have a new vape flavour?
If you have just brought a new flavour to try you might be wondering whether you should clean your tank, or just top it up with the new flavour and hope for the best.
To be honest, if you want to get the best taste of this new vape juice then you should clean your tank. Cleaning your tank out will remove the residue from your old juice and keep it tasting fresh. If you are just trying a new juice for the first time then you’ll want to really experience the flavour and not a delicious new one with a hint of Rhubarb and Custard sweets.
It’s really easy to clean your your tank without damaging it too. Obviously you don’t want to be running your whole vape device under the hot tap though! You’ll need to take bits and pieces off of the device in order to clean it without causing damage (to you or the device.)
Before you stick a new flavor in your tank you should try giving it a clean so that you can be sure to get the best experience of the new taste. Here’s how you clean your tank before putting in a new flavour.
- Fill a bowl with warm water from the tap. (Don’t use boiling water from the kettle.)
- Remove the tank from the battery and tip away any liquid left in the tank (might be best to finish up with this vape juice first, just so you don’t waste it. Something sad about tipping e-liquid down the sink.)
- Take the tank apart and place all of the different parts in the bowl of warm water.
- Rinse them. If it is seriously gunky in there then you might need a TINY drop of washing up liquid but don’t go overboard and have a soap fest.
- Dry off each element of the tank using paper towel and leave it to stand for 10 minutes.
- Reassemble. Fill up and vape.
Still can’t get rid of the flavour you used to have even though you have changed your coil and rinsed the tank out? Might be worth trying a deep clean of your tank before you introduce your new vape juice. A deep clean involves cleaning your tank with alcohol.
- Remove the tank from the mod and disassemble it.
- Find yourself some high-proof vodka which can break down e-juice that is still lurking in the tank.
- Dab a little vodka on a paper towel and scrub the tank until it is clean.
- Rinse with warm water and wipe it town.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes of so to ensure that it is dry, reassemble and vape away!
- It’s so easy to clean your tank that it is probably worth doing whenever you introduce a new juice into your tank. Some people have different tanks for different juices, however if you don’t want to invest too much, a simple clean should do the trick!
If you want to really boost the flavour then try steeping your juices. Not sure how? Read our blog.